Weblog Tools Collection has an interesting audio interview with Mark E. of Maximum Security about his newly released Maximum Security WordPress plugin. Apparently, Mark is a 15-year veteran of the computer security business, and he seems to know his stuff. His new plugin looks to be a pretty comprehensive and easy-to-use security suite for WordPress. And of course, the price is right – free!
Some of the more impressive features of Maximum Security:
- Email notification as soon as new WP version is released
- Runs an automated security scan for common security issues
- Auto plugin and theme scanner
- Firewall and intrusion prevention system
- Block site crawlers and site scraping bots.
- Includes a comprehensive logging interface so you can review suspicious activity
The plugin is in Beta right now and you have to register for Maximum Security’s email list to get it. Check it out here.
You can check out the original interview at Weblog Tools Collection.